Education need not come in neatly piled lesson plans. This blog explores the fringes of academic life and thought, the nobility of teachers and the complexity of students of all ages.
Friday, June 21, 2013
01 LETTER TO PARENTS SY 2013-2014
June 17, 2013
Greetings of Peace!
We warmly welcome you to Veritas Parochial School, to a brand new school year, 2013-2014! This year’s theme is “Spirits High. Hearts Open. Minds Sharp. Bodies Strong”, to signify our commitment to provide holistic Catholic education, Multiple Intelligences, and appreciation for different learning styles. We know that our “small but great school”, in the words of our School Director Monsignor Manuel Gabriel, will provide the most student-friendly learning environment for your children, whom you have entrusted to us this year.
Please take note of the following:
1. Relocations & Rehabilitations
-Gate 1(along Elsie Gaches St): Entrance for all, Exit for students fetched by parents
-Gate 2 (along Gil Puyat St): Exit for commuters and bus riders
-Gate 3 (former entrance along Escoda St): Emergency gate only
In the attached Reply Slip A, please check only one of the options for your child’s EXIT FROM SCHOOL EVERYDAY. They will receive color-coded stickers on their IDs indicating your preferred manner of exit. If you wish to make other more specific arrangements, please check OTHERS (e.g. different situations / fetchers everyday ) and schedule a meeting with our Prefect of Students Ms. Maricon Emperado as soon as possible. Your child will not be allowed to leave the school without information about their manner of exit. Please avoid changing preferences unless absolutely necessary. For changes in the manner of exit, personally inform Ms Maricon immediately, as, for security reasons, we will not entertain such changes requested over the phone or via text message.
-Business Office (Reception, Cashier, Finance, Human Resources): Near Gate 1
Please be reminded of the following:
1. All parents, alumni, and visitors must first go to the Reception room to log in and get a Visitor’s Pass.
2. Wait for the receptionist to call the person with whom you wish to see or have a prior appointment with. That person will either come for you, or you will be directed to that person’s office. All meetings with parents, alumni or visitors will be in the ground floor offices only.
-Library & Scholastic Reading Center: at the back of the former Business Office
-Registrar’s Office: front part of the former Business office
-Boys’ and Girls’ comfort rooms on the 1st and 2nd floors have been completely rehabilitated to ensure our students’ safety and comfort.
2. We will provide color-coded stickers to signify if your child is a commuter, a bus rider, or fetched by a parent or designated “fetcher”. Stickers will be placed on the IDs. While the IDs are not available yet, the stickers shall be placed on the cover of Notebook 1 (N1).
3. Mass of the Holy Spirit & School Opening Program : June 21, 8am at the Resurrection of Our Lord Parish. Parents are invited to join in the Eucharistic Celebration which is our first Holy Mass of the school year, and watch the special program after the Mass.
4. Please see attachments: Class Schedule (2 copies – 1 for the student, 1 for the parent), School Activity Calendar for the 1st Quarter (June-August)
5. Please follow the No Styro policy of the school Please avoid leaving packed lunch/ meals with the guard to avoid spoilage. There is a full service canteen open until 2pm everyday.
6. Parents of Grades 1-2 and all new parents may stay inside the school campus only on the first and second day of classes. Parents with special concerns about their children are advised to direct these concerns with the Principal, Ms. Millette Espiritu or the Guidance Coordinator, Ms. Dess Lacupanto.
7. Parents’ Orientation-June 29, Saturday, 9am-12nn . IT IS REQUIRED FOR ALL PARENTS AND OFFICIAL GUARDIANS OF KINDER TO YEAR IV STUDENTS TO ATTEND THIS VERY IMPORTANT ORIENTATION.
Agenda: Veritas K-12++ Enhanced, Enriched Curriculum
Proposed Veritas Leap-over Program (Acceleration Program )
Meet & Greet the Teachers
Academic and Co-curricular programs for the current school year
OK Kindness Anti-Campaign
Level Meetings & Small Group orientation
Organization of VESPA (Veritas School Parents Association) SY 2013-2014
8. The bookstore, uniforms and school supplies store will be open until July 15 only. Please ask the Receptionist for assistance.
9. The 2013-20114 Student Handbook will be distributed FREE to the students by the second week of classes. Subject Checklists for the 1st quarter will be distributed on June 21.
10. We can be contacted in many ways:
Landlines : 7724626, 8424158
Facebook: Just like our official pages to get updates and ask questions.
Veritas Parochial School Preschool House
Veritas Parochial School Elementary Portal
Veritas Parochial School High School Zone
Veritas Global Peace Program
Twitter: Just follow our account- http://twitter.com/veritasschool
E-mail: email@example.com (Principal, Prefect, Academic Coordinators)
Also, please check out our website: http://veritasschool.edu.ph for updates,
activity photos, complete information about the school and all our academic, religious, and co-curricular programs.
Let us make it a habit to return reply slips within 3 days after the letters are received. Your replies are urgent and necessary to achieve a smooth flow of information between the home and the school.
Thank you very much! We pray for a truly productive school year and we are counting on you, dear parents, to be our partners in “Education in Christ’s Truth.”
Yours in the Risen Christ,
Mellissa R. Espiritu, M.A.